Licensed Master Social Worker
- MSW from Michigan State University
- BA in Social Work and Psychology from Michigan State University
- Licensed Master Social Worker – State of Michigan
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist – State of Michigan
- Academy of Certified Social Workers – National Association of Social Workers (NASA)
- Board Certified Diplomate – American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work (ABECSW)
- Coginitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Individual and Couples Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Anxiety Management
- Depression Management
- Bariatric Surgery Evaluation
- Couples Therapy
- Adjustment to Illness (Chronic Illnesses)
- Grief Therapy
- Clinical Supervision of LMFT and LMSW
Types of Insurance Accepted
All types of insurance accepted including:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BC/BS)
- Blue Care Network (BCN)
- Health Alliance Plan (HAP)
- Priority Health
- Physician Health Plan (PHP)
- Alliance Health Life/Physicians Care (ASR)
- United Health Care (UHC)
- 35 Years at Dr. J. LaFave Ph.D. and Associates P.C.
- 5 Years as a clinician and administrator in hospital settings.
With over three decades of experience my range of services and skills encompasses a broad spectrum. My general approach to therapy includes a direct, practical and empathic direction. My specific specialties always entail helping people find new and healthier coping skills while affording them an opportunity to reach their potential and affording productive purpose in their life and relationships.
My overlying commitment to my client includes being attentive, reliable, ethical and observing the strictest confidentiality. I feel privileged to be invited into a person’s life and struggles and to exit when I am no longer needed.
Above all, I enjoy and treasure the work we do together to restore your joy and fulfillment in life.